Friday, October 3, 2008

Review: The Center of the Universe Yep, that would be ME by Anita Liberty



Anita gives you an inside look into her world!

>This story is by Anita Liberty about Anita Liberty. Anita is not one of the happiest teens around and frankly, she thinks being a teenager sucks. She’s dealing with a 12 year old sister who managed to get a committed relationship, her sometimey friends, boys that she just can’t quite understand and parents that just don’t understand her. In addition to all of this, she still has SAT’s and college applications to worry about. So through writing, Anita will try and take back control of her universe.

>I loved this book, it was hilarious. It has such a personal feel to it. Throughout her journal entries she includes poems, charts and her own spin on SAT math problems and word definitions. I do feel this book is for a mature audience due to sexual content, drinking and drug use but since I am a mature audience, I thought this book rocked! Anita gives valuable evidence that being a teenager does suck and show you how to get though it, by having fun critizing it. If Anita Liberty is the Center of the Universe then the Center of the Universe is a fun and cool place to be!

4 comments:

Test said...

This book had me laughing out loud at Antia's witty writing the whole time. I can't wait to read more by her.
By the way, great review!

Alea said...

I just got this book this week! The whole format is very appealing!

Gabbi said...

Sounds hilarious -- can't wait to get this book!

nadine said...

Great review. I'm more excited about reading this book now.

=)
TruBlu

Check out my other blog!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey