Sunday, June 22, 2008

Review: Gossip Girl: The Carlyles by Cecily von Ziegesar


Gossip Girl is back with a new cast to gossip about!

The Carlyles is about sixteen year old triplets, moving from Nantucket, Massachusetts to the Upper East Side. They are not just moving anywhere in the Upper East Side but are moving in the Waldorf’s old apartment. The triplets consists of Owen, Avery and Baby. Owen wants that perfect girl, Avery wants to fit in and Baby wants to go back to Nantucket until she meets J.P. With all of this going on, you know the Gossip Girl will have a lot to gossip about.

At first it was hard for me to get use to the idea of a new cast because I really loved the old gang, (Serena, Blair, etc) but the Carlyles really bring a fresh flare to the series and still gives you what you love about Gossip Girl books, scandals, enemies and all the gossip you could want. I must say I enjoyed the book and will continue reading the series. I do hope that the Gossip Girl series will go back to Serena and the others in future books. I would love to know what happens to them in college and I am sure Gossip Girl is curious too.

6 comments:

Anum Mustafa said...

Hmm..I haven't really read Gossip Girl Number One yet! I should read it though, but it's just so...gossipy! *chortles*

Rachel said...

Heey. I dont know if you have muffins and books on your link list, but if you do, I changed the URL to 'http://book-junkee.blogspot.com so if you could change it to that. Tahnk you!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering what this book would be like, so it's great to read this review.

Clare said...

inclusion of new star cast make Gossip Girl TV show more interesting i m looking forward to watch its new season

Unknown said...

Gossip Girl is the best show. The plot and the cast is awesome and I am a big fan of this show.

Unknown said...

This is the best show having good cast and storyline. I like the music too. I watch Gossip Girl TV Show online regularly.

Check out my other blog!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey